1. CARDIOVASCULAR EXERCISE: Run/walk/elliptical/swim/row/whatever: 30 minutes + cardiovascular exercise stabilizes mood and produces endorphins.
2. TAKE A YOGA CLASS: It strengthens and relaxes the body, occupies the mind with focus and meditation, and soothes both.
3. TAKE A WARM SHOWER OR BATH: (maybe slightly longer than usual) to improve circulation and calms the nervous system.
4. DO A VISUOSPATIAL TASK: Hold a fidget spinner or stress ball--is a proven distraction in stressful situations. (Think prayer beads) Just don’t bring it into the testing room!
5. FOCUS ON POSTURE: Stand with breastbone up, relax facial muscles, and avoid teeth grinding to actually enhance confidence and positive energy.